Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya is a new weekly show to be telecast every Friday on Zing TV. The Theme of the show is love stories but also highlights other components like loss, pain, envy, lust, greed and happiness along with it. It has similar shades of Ishq Kills in concept. Though the show will present love stories but without being judgemental about them as it doesn’t intend to define right or wrong and will leave the viewers to decide themselves. It is a 1-hr weekly and a fiction-based show. The first episode starts on 23rd May (today) at 7 PM on Zing TV.
Hosts (Narrators) of the show: Meiyang Chang and Surbhi Jyoti (Zoya from Qubool Hai) will inform us about the characters and will also guide us through the story.
The first episode’s story is about Army Cadet Siddharth and a small town girl Piyali and it is set on the hills of the city Dehradun. Siddharth is in love with Piyali but at first Piyali is unaware of his love. He asks her for a date to his Army Christmas Ball but before starts a dialogue with her on road by asking her the directions. She tries to avoid him but he continues to follow and then hesitantly asks her for a coffee date. He goes to her parents and seeks their permission to take her on his Christmas Ball. Her parents are very traditional but allows Piyali to go with Siddharth for the Ball. At the ball party, Siddharth meets his friend Gaurav who came uninvited to the ball as its only meant for Army people. Gaurav speaks with Piyali that Siddharth is very boring, and she replies the contrary. At this point, Piyali reciprocated Sid’s love back and both are in love. Here comes the twist in their love story, Piyali learns about Siddharth’s getting a new posting and he informs her that he will come back in 18 months and seeks her hand for marriage from her father.
Siddharth becomes busy at his new posting location, and on many occasions unable to give time to Piyali and even didn’t takes her calls properly. She becomes frustrated with Siddharth. In order to lessen Piyali’s frustration, Siddharth calls his friend Gaurav and asks him to take care of her. Gaurav chooses to come close to Piyali and flirts with her. He then confesses his love for her for which she accepts without saying much. On other end, Siddharth shows the photo of Piyali to his colleagues and seems to look in happy mood as he will be going back home soon and the prospect of meeting Piyali. He leaves from the army posting and builds memories of Piyali. Gaurav is having a good time with Piyali in a swimming pool while unaware of Siddharth’s arrival to their town. How would Siddharth react after knowing that Piyali broke his love long-time back ? Will Piyali comes back to her first love ? How would Piyali behave after seeing Siddharth ? Whether Siddharth moves on from his broken love or does he get it back ?
Info on Cast:
* Siddharth is played by actor Ayaaz Ahmed.
* Piyali is played by actress Chetna Pande
– She started her Bollywood film career with the role of Aayra who was a MMS victim in the movie I Don’t Luv U.
Info on Hosts:
* Meiyang Chang was born 6 October 1982 in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India. He is an Indian actor, television host, singer, dancer and a qualified dentist.
He has participated as hosts in India Got Talent, Indian Idol 4. Participant in Indian Idol 3 and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 4 Winner, thus excelled in both singing and dance. He also acted in a Bollywood movie Badmaash Company and recently was on Temptations Reloaded tour with Shah Rukh Khan (SRK). Read more on his Wikipedia page
* Surbhi Jyoti is an Indian television, film, and theater actress. She started her acting career first in theatre in her college days. She then acted in Punjabi TV serials Akiyaan To Door Jayen Na as Sona and Kach Diyan Wanga as Preet. Currently, she is acting in ZEE TV series Qubool Hai as Sanam Ahmed Khan (earlier played Zoya Farooqui opposite Karan Singh Grover/Raqesh Vashisth as Asad Ahmed Khan). She is paired opposite Karanvir Bohra who is playing the role of Aahil Raza Ibrahim in the show. Read more about her at our website page
* Zing is an India-based Satellite television channel owned by Zee Entertainment Enterprises. It was formally known as Zee Music and Music Asia. It carries broadcasts in Hindi and other regional languages of India and also broadcasts in South Asia and also reaches audiences in Europe. Read more on its Wikipedia page
Image credits: Official Facebook page of Zing TV
Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya (PTKK) 23rd May 2014, 1st Episode – Sneak Peek
Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya (PTKK) – Promos Playlist