Service Wali Bahu is the latest offering from Zee TV. The story showcases the journey of Payal – an engineer and working girl and her married life where her in-laws expect to gain financial dividend with her work in office. They regard her as service wali Bahu but what it actually meant – respect of the house or another name for dowry. Payal works as an engineer in the PWD department and takes care of her family and is loved much by her parents and sister. She shines in taking care of the responsibilities and even bought a car for her family. But her parents also wants her to settle down in marriage. A marriage proposal comes and her family meets the to-be groom’s family. The groom’s family wishes and even prays that their daughter-in law does service and earns money to support them and doesn’t care whether she knows cooking or household chores. Both families meet to discuss the proposal and she attends after coming from work. The boy’s name is Dev and his father finds Payal and her family to be suitable for his son at the onset and tries to impress her father. Payal greets them and soon Dev’s elder brother opens-up on what they really want from a daughter-in law and puts focus on her work and earnings.
Moreover, he tries to suggest she will have a big heart since she works and earns. Payal gets nervous to hear such comment and soon Dev’s father tries to downplay his son’s argument. Dev’s brother then twists his words and suggests that she needs to manage both house and family. It turns out to be the case that even Dev is also interested in having a working wife and carries an introvert personality. After the proposal meet-up, Payal contemplates about Dev’s family and wonders whether they are playing a game of dowry in the garb of asking for service wali Bahu. Payal is a perfect match for them as she fits perfectly in their wishes of wanting a working daughter-in law. How does Payal manage her work and life balance post marriage is an integral question, and moreover how she overcomes the challenges/tribulations after being stereotyped by her in-laws only for money. The show starts from 23rd February 2015 and is telecast from Monday to Saturday @ 6:30 PM.
Info on Cast:
* Payal is portrayed by actress Kratika Sengar Dheer
– Kratika was born in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
– Well knwown for portraying the role of Rani Laxmibai in Zee TV’s Jhansi Ki Rani [2010-2011] and the role of Aarti Yash Scindia in Zee TV’s Punar Vivah [2012-2013]. Won Awards for both these shows in Zee Rishtey, Gold Awards and Big Entertainment.
– She has also worked in Star Plus’ – Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi [Cameo role, 2008], Kasauti Zindagi Kay [Other Prerna, 2008], Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil , Sony TV’s Aahat Episodes , and cameo role in Veera. Role of Manasa in Life OK’s Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev .
– Married to Actor Nikitin Dheer in September 2014. Kratika’s Twitter page
* Dev is portrayed by actor Abhishek Rawat
– Abhishek was born in Uttarakhand, India and have done MBA studies.
– Portrayed the negative role of Mahem in Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na [2008-2009]
– Well known in the role of Shekhar Singh in Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo [2009-2011]. Shekhar was the secondary protagonist.
– Role of main antagonists – Tanmay in Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya [2011-2012] and that of Akash Verma/Aryan Rai-Chaudhry in Dekha Ek Khwaab.
– Recently work in Life OK’s show Baaware in the lead role of Nikumbh [June-September 2014].
* Payal’s father is portrayed by actor Ramakant Dayma.
– Portrayed the role of Indian Hockey Federation member in the movie Chak De India , Paa’s secretary in movie Paa .
* Dev’s father is portrayed by actor Atul Srivastava,
– Worked in Bollywood movies in comic roles and also on TV in Color’s show Bhagyavidhata.
– Atul’s Wikipedia page
Promo: Payal and Dev’s family meet for marriage proposal