Star Plus celebrates Mother’s day with a special event – Thank You Maa where actors and stars from Bollywood and Indian television are going to perform and also give a tribute to their mothers, and all the mothers in the world. Thank You Maa event was telecast @ 6 PM today.
Performances and Tribute:
* Aditi Sharma (singer): gives a heartfelt performance to her mom on Kailash Kher’s Mumma.. Meri Maa.. song. She dedicates it to her mom. Her dance alongwith other dancers provide more depth. Aditi’s Twitter page
* Neha Kakkar (singer): gives an emotional Mother’s Day tribute and concludes with a special version of ‘Tu kitni achi hain’ song, which she had sung last year and got amazing reponse. Neha’s mom got tears last year after listening to her song. Neha’s Twitter page
* Ruhi & Ishita: Ruhi showers her love to her Ishi Maa with the best surprise on Mother’s day. A special drawing that depicts bonding between mom-daughter is the surprise.
* Sanjeeda Sheikh: gives a heartfelt dance performance to highlight the importance of mothers. Sanjeeda’s Twitter page
* Shakti Mohan: gives an emotional sufi-style ballad performance to her mother with aerial acts and LED lights
* Karan Singh Grover: visited an old age home to bring a smile to all the moms who haven’t celebrated Mother’s Day in quite a while.
* Sonu Sood: celebrates the memory of his mom by doing what she loved – a visit to the Gurudwara. He also composes a poem to express his love for her
* Aditya Narayan: Performs on his own song – ‘Akele Hum Akele Tum… Tu mera dil tu meri jaan Oh I love u Mummy’, and surprises his mom.
* Gurmeet Choudhary: uses reverse technology in his act for his Mother’s Day tribute. He gives an emotional tribute thanking his mom. Gurmeet speaks of having support from his mom always. Gurmeet’s Twitter page
* Salman Yusuff Khan: gives a never seen performance by dancing with his mother’s dupatta (anchal, shawl) , and shows his grace once again. A mom’s anchal also signifies her blessings.
* Siddharth Shukla: surprises his mother with a photo shoot exclusively for her on Mother’s Day.
* Huma Qureshi, Remo, Parineeti Chopra, Udit Narayan, Shankar Mahadevan, Govinda: All express their gratitude and heartfelt warmth to their moms.
Fond memories about their mom:
* Salman Yusuff Khan: Recollects on how he was scolded by his mom to do homework. As she was asking him to write the date, she got reminded of his birthday and informed the same to him. He cried after learning about his birthday.
* Aditya Narayan: shares about his experience in getting swings from her mom. He used to say “Ding Ding” for the swing and calls it as the first roller coaster experience.
* Shakti Mohan: reminds on her accident because of which she was unable to walk. But she found her mom’s immense support who stayed close to her and now she is able to dance with full prowess.
* Aditi Sharma: Talks about new adventures, travelling has been taught to her by her mom, and what she is today is because of her mom.
* Sanjeeda Sheikh: speaks of sharing everything with her mom who understands her very well.
* Richa Chaddha: reveals her love for her mom by promising to spend a day according to her mother’s wish. Richa’s mom also makes sure she listens to her in eating her favorite dish.
Images credit: Twitter page of Star Plus