Ek Tha Raja, Ek Thi Rani…(Once there was a king, Once there was a Queen) is the new show offering from Zee TV, and stars Drashti Dhami and Siddhant Karnick as the lead. The story is set in pre-independence era when there were princely states: kingdoms ruled by kings and princes. The show unfolds a love story between an ordinary yet bubbly and vibrant girl Gayatri, and Rana Indravardhan, royal prince of a kingdom. Gayatri is so engrossed with herself that she only wants to reach the destination and do not focus on the journey. She comes out of the world she know to step into the world that she sees for the first time. Due to her passion to run and catch kites, she forays her entry into a new world – Rana indravardhan’s royal palace and runs into the central hall without having any serious thought. She finds there royal people, rich people and foreigners but she is just lost in herself and wants to collect the kite.
The royals get surprised with her intrusion in their palace by making noise. Finally, she goes atop the fort and meets the young and dashing royal prince. The kite has interrupted him as he was gazing with a telescope but he decided to return the kite to the bubbly girl. Their first surprise meeting exhibit that they share some mutual connection even though they are poles apart and very different. She feels happy on receiving the kite from the young prince. This first meeting has kickstarted their journey of love though they aren’t aware at that moment. Their love story which is one of a kind and unparalleled going to unfold with the interplay of emotions, royals vs. ordinary people divide, kingdom’s citizens, and families. Bikaner (Rajasthan) is one of the shooting locations of this show. Stay tuned to ETRETR on Zee TV.
Some Info on Cast:
* Gayatri Seth, a young bubbly girl is portrayed by actress Drashti Dhami
– Recently worked in Colors TV’s Madhubala [2012-2014] as Madhubala, and emerged Winner of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6 in 2013, and got much recognition. Got initial acclaim with her works: Dr. Muskaan Chadda in Dill Mill Gayye [2007-2009], and as Geet Handa/Geet Maan Singh in
Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi [2010-2011].
– Drashti married Neeraj Khemka this year on 21 February 2015. Drashti’s Twitter page
* Rana Indravardhan Deo, a young Prince is portrayed by film and TV actor Siddhant Karnick
– Recently worked in Life Ok’s Gustakh Dil in the role of Sagar, Bindass’ Yeh Hai Aashiqui as Aryan in 2013.
– He made his debut with the show Remix on Star One in role of Arjun [2004-2006]. Read more at his past work on TV & films on his Wikipedia page. Siddhant’s Twitter page