Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 8 – Jhalak Reloaded has completed its 1st week of run with all 12 celebrity contestants giving their debut performance to kickstart their Jhalak journey. Judges: Karan, Shahid, Ganesh, and Lauren gave encouraging comments to the contestants, and to make the set lively and to bring the ease quotient, Karan, Shahid and Manish entertain the audience and contestants with their fun banter and humour. The elimination is based on public voting, and the voting lines are opened until tomorrow, 13th July 2015 @ 9 AM IST.
Jhalak has proven in the past and also successful to transform a non-dancer to a full-fledged dancer, and such opportunities are also present this time. All the contestants are geared up to give their best, and also to progress, win and steer ahead in their passionate Jhalak journey. So, go ahead to vote for your favorites. Wishing the best to all Jhalak contestants on their journey ahead from our side.
1st Week Performances:
* Radhika Madan & Rishikyash
– Dance form: Lyrical contemporary, song: Meri Aashiqui Tum hi ho [Aashiqui 2]
– Judges Comments: call them as sharp dancers, good spins and jumps.
– Score: 37. SMS RAD to 56882 to vote for Radhika.
* Mohit Malik & Marischa
– Afro/Krumping, Bezubaan [ABCD 2]
– Got good and encouraging comments from judges
– Score: 32. SMS MOH to 56882
* Faisal Khan & Vaishnavi
– Hip-Hop, Jee Karda [Badlapur]
– Honest and well-coordinated performance and good use of props.
– Score: 36. SMS FAI to 56882
* Shamita Shetty & Deepak
– Freestyle. Jadoo Hone Ko Hai [Bang Bang]
– Kadak performance as said by Karan, and encouraging comments.
– Score: 34. SMS SHA to 56882
* Vivian Dsena & Bhawna
– Free style. Aao Na [Haider]
– Vivian’s better-half Vahbiz Dorabjee gave him a boost by perfroming with him after his performance. Received encouraging comments and also suggestions for improvements.
– Score: 32. SMS VIV to 56882
* Subhreet Kaur Ghumman & Diwakar
– Free style. Sooraj Dooba Hai [Roy]
– All judges call Subhreet a inspiration after seeing her mesmerizing and amazing performance
– Score: 39. SMS SUB to 56882
* Scarlett Wilson & Dhiraj
– Jazz Funk or Street Jazz. Kuch tere Dil Mein [Bombay Velvet]
– Lifting is important as she did it well. energetic and fun..
– Score: 34. SMS SCA to 56882
* Kavita Kaushik & Rajit
– Freestyle. Sun Saathiya [ABCD 2]
– Sensual act with good chemistry, lifts were good and visually pleasant. wonderful act
– Score: 33. SMS KAV to 56882
* Raftaar & Sneha
– Hip-Hop. Tere Naal [Raftaar feat]
– Got encouraging comments.
– Score: 36. SMS RAF to 56882
* Sanaya Irani & Jay
– Bollywood. Lovely [Happy New Year]
– Elegant and smashing dance moves. Good start and her smile has instill a fresh air in performance. Sanaya is told to get rid of her nervousness.
– Score: 32. SMS SAN to 56882
* Ashish Chowdhry & Vrushali
– Freestyle. Teri Meri Kahaani [Gabbar]
– Matched dance steps well with the graphics background. Standing ovation from fellow contestants. Admits Dancing is his weakness. Got encouragement and push from his son Agastya.
– Sincere and 100 % effort performance, and Karan commented on being happy and proud. Good tuning and synchronization of dance with graphics.
– Score: 32. SMS ASH to 56882
* Dipika & Vaibhav
– Cabaret. Mohabbat Buri Bimaari Hai.. [Bombay Velvet]
– Good feedback specially her lifts, rotating prop, aerial stretching applauded, and told to remove her inhibitions: felt bad to forget and freeze during dance steps. Just go for the next.
– Score: 29, SMS DIP to 56882
– This is a special segment where individuals from different walks of life are given an opportunity to perform on Jhalak’s stage. Raj Soni is one of them and he works a chinese food vendor in Baroda, Gujarat. He performed on superman song from movie Tevar. Karan and Shahid gave him amazing feedback for his performance.
Reloaded Performance of the Week: Subhreet and Diwakar because of their inspirational and amazing performance. Know more about Subhreet at her Wikipedia page.