Yoga is an ideal exercise for mind and body. Practicing yoga offers a number of health benefits including healthy and strong body, peace of mind, increased focus and concentration etc. And it is true that Yoga has helped many of us to live a calm and peaceful life. With time, people have discovered a number of health benefits associated with yoga.
1. Improves your flexibility and posture: You have to include Yoga in your daily routine to benefit from a body that is strong and flexible. Regular yoga practice stretches and tones the body muscles and also makes them strong. It also helps improve your body posture when you stand, sit, sleep or walk. This will help you to relieve of body pains due to wrong posture.
2. Lowers blood sugar and bad cholesterol: Yoga lowers LDL, a bad cholesterol and boasts HDL, a good cholesterol in your body. Yoga also helps people with diabetes to lower blood sugar in several ways by lowering cortisol and adrenaline levels, thereby encouraging weight loss. Get your blood sugar levels down and you decrease your risk of diabetic complications such as hearty attack, kidney failure and blindness.
3. Weight loss: Yoga can help you boost your metabolism, and build stronger muscles. Two things are essential for weight loss. If you start to eat more whole and organic foods while performing a daily yoga routine, you will be more likely to lose weight in a short time.
4. Breathing: Yoga includes breathing practices known as Pranayama which can be effective for reducing stress, improves lung function and encourages relaxation. Doing such exercises in a long run could cure respiratory problems.
5. Yoga naturally reduces pain: Yoga can be very effective at relieving pain. It doesn’t matter if you suffer from arthritis, headache or migraine. People suffering from severe back pain, yoga can make that pain disappear.
6. Mental sharpness and better sleep: Regular practice of yoga had been proven to help with memory and concentration. Yoga helps in reducing stress. A relaxed body gets a deeper and more peaceful sleep.