The monsoon season brings a refreshing break from the summer’s heat. But, climate change can also bring some trouble for your hair. This kind of weather can make it hard for people, especially to manage and maintain a good hair care regime. Hair fall, dandruff, and itchy scalp are some of the issues you may be prone to in this season.
Simple home remedies for better hair care
1. Use mild shampoo: If you have to wash your hair, Always use a mild shampoo and conditioner. It will help keep your scalp clean. Do not use products that contain harsh chemicals, as it will strip away the natural oils from your hair and make it dry and unhealthy.
2. Nourish your hair with hot oil:
Treat your hair with oil as regularly as possible. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of castor oil with coconut oil and heat it. Apply on the scalp for better hair texture and growth. Comb your hair to spread the oil evenly and leave it for overnight, so it gets absorbed completely. You can also combine coconut oil with various essential oils to apply on hair and to massage your scalp. Rinse it off the next day with mild shampoo. This will make your hair silky and smooth.
3. Use a wide-tooth comb: Never comb wet hair, Always use a wide- tooth comb. In this season, your hair is more prone to breakage because the weather can make it moist, damp and tangled. To get rid of the knots, use a wide-toothed comb.
4. Leave your hair loose: Never tie your hair too tight or use a hair dryer to dry hair this season as it can damage your hair by making it dry and frizzy. Instead, opt for towel dry. This will help make your hair less frizzy, stronger and easier to comb through.
5. Avoid Dandruff: Take two tablespoons of coconut oil, add the juice of two lemons and the juice of one orange, and cover head with a towel after applying the mixture. After 15 to 20 minutes, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. This will help get rid of dandruff and split ends and give you a healthier look.
6. Apply natural hair mask: Hair masks can give your hair some much-needed nourishment and make it stronger. Use good quality natural hair pack products. Homemade packs are also a great alternative. Warm oil, curd, honey, and eggs are just some of the most effective ingredient for your hair.
7. Eat healthy: Eating healthy food is important to keep your hair follicles strong. Eat eggs, curd, fish, and carrots, nuts and green leafy vegetables. Curd is going to help you prevent hair fall.
8. Water: Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. It is not just good for your skin but is good even for your hair.
9. Sleep: Sleeping for 6-7 hours helps to strengthen the hair follicles as lack of sleep causes stress, and stress is one of the main causes of hair fall.