Blackheads are blocked pores which commonly occur on the face, particularly on the nose that are caused due to oily skin. They can also appear on the chest, back, neck, arms and shoulders. If left untreated, they can spur acne breakouts. Blackheads will make your skin look ugly. Factors like hormonal changes in the body, excessive use of cosmetic products, improper skin care, stress and genetics contribute to this problem.
Follow these simple, natural ways to clean the pores and remove blackheads using easily available ingredients at home.
1. Tomato: Take a small tomato, peeled and mashed, then apply it over the blackheads before going to bed. Leave overnight and then wash face with clean water in the morning.
2. Lemon Scrub: Squeeze few drops of lemon juice in a bowl, add salt and stir the mixture well. Wash face with warm water and apply the mixture on the blackheads. Leave for some 20 minutes and wash face again with warm water.
3. Toothpaste Rub: Apply a thin layer of toothpaste over the blackheads, leave for 25 minutes and wash face gently with warm water. Repeat this remedy for two weeks to be free from blackheads.
4. Honey Massage: Honey has antiseptic properties that work wonders for both oily skin and blackheads. Apply honey onto the affected area and wash off with warm water after 15 minutes.
5. Baking Soda Mask: Prepare a mixture of baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply gently to the affected part, allow to dry for few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water to remove away the oil and dirt that cause blackheads.
6. Oatmeal Pack: Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with 3 tablespoons of yogurt, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and olive oil to it; mix all these ingredients well till it forms a paste. Apply the mixture on the face, leave for 10-15 minutes and wash face with cold water.
7. Cinnamon Pack: Prepare a mixture of equal parts of cinnamon powder and limejuice to form a thick paste. Apply the paste to the affected parts and leave on overnight and then wash off with warm water in the morning
8. Turmeric Pack: Mix some turmeric powder with two tablespoons of mint juice. Apply it to the affected areas. Allow it to dry for a few minutes and then wash the area with lukewarm water.