People desperately wait for the winter or rainy season to get relief from the scorching heat of summer and enjoy a fresh air and cool atmosphere. But with the changes in weather, Mosquitoes bring a frightening situation in our lives which we can’t escape. Dengue is a mosquito borne disease caused by the bite of mosquito in a day time. The affected person may be suffering from any of the conditions like fever, chills, fatigue, headache, rash, muscle and joint pain. We have to take necessary precautions to prevent Dengue with these tips in our daily life at early stage.
1. Shut the doors and windows at the evening time or after the rain.
2. Always close the lid of water vessel as stagnant water will become the breeding area for mosquitoes.
3. Always use mosquito repellent or spray during day and night.
4. Close the utensil lids in a kitchen, to avoid mosquitoes to taste your food.
5. Keep the surroundings of your house clean. Always clean the dustbins on a daily basis and don’t let the garbage collected at a kitchen for many days to avoid mosquitoes lay their eggs.
Home remedies to treat Dengue: There are many types of remedies available to choose from, but these remedies are only useful in curing the disease at its initial stage. These drinks should not be taken during pregnancy.
1. Papaya leaves: The leaves contain vitamin C that stimulates immunity and helps in increasing the platelets count and antioxidants in body. You can make the juice by washing the leaves and grind them with a little water to a fine paste in a juicer. Add 1 tsp of honey to it and consume fresh for best results.
2. Fenugreek seeds/ leaves: These seeds help in reducing fever and minimize the pain. You can wash the fresh leaves and make a paste. To make a syrup, Boil a glass of water, add 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds, 1 tsp of honey and allow it boil for 5 minutes.
3. Turmeric powder and milk: Turmeric has many medicinal benefits with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties. Boil 1 glass of milk and add a pinch of turmeric powder and honey. Cook for another 5 minutes. Drink this syrup 3 times a day.
4. Basil leaves: It promotes blood circulation and ease inflammation and joint pain. Boil 1 glass of water, add 8 to 10 basil leaves, a pinch of black pepper, 1 tsp of honey. Cook for another 5 minutes.