Health benefits of Papaya. Papaya is the best fruit that is high in nutrients and antioxidants with sweet taste, vibrant color and the wide variety of health benefits. Now-a-days, Papaya is available throughout the year making it a popular and exotic fruit. Consuming Papaya reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, aids in digestion and many other ailments. Papayas are soft fruit that can be used in fruit chats, salads and juices. While eating papaya, look for fresh Papayas with reddish orange skin that are soft to the touch. Add a few slices of papaya to smoothies. Combine with pineapple juice, half a frozen banana, and Greek yogurt for a sweet tropical treat.
1. Diabetes: People with diabetes can maintain the blood glucose levels with Papaya. It will improve blood sugar, lipid and insulin levels.
2. Digestion: Papayas contain an enzyme called papain that aids digestion by breaking down proteins and also cleanses the digestive tract and prevents constipation. If the protein in our diet is not digested properly, it may cause arthritis, constipation, diabetes and other related health conditions.
3. Heart disease: The seeds of papayas are good for a healthy heart. The fiber, potassium, and vitamin content in papaya help to protect heart from blockage.
4. Prevents Infections and toothache: Papayas are effective for killing intestinal worms, thereby avoiding infections and complications associated with them. A paste of fresh papaya roots can be rubbed onto the teeth and gums to get relief from toothaches. The bark of the tree is also an excellent remedy for tooth problems.
5. Helps weight loss: Papayas are good for people who are planning to do a weight loss. Have a bowl full of papaya as a mid-evening or mid-morning snack for weight loss and better health.
6. Reduces Acne & Burns: Papayas can be used to treat the areas on the skin affected by acne, scars and burns. It also helps in reducing the marks caused due to the burn.
7. Improves Immunity: Regular consumption of Papaya improves the immune system of the body. The antioxidants present in papaya makes your body strong by fighting with diseases like jaundice, bronchitis, kidney and other illnesses.