Relish fabulous soups: There’s nothing better than a piping hot bowl of soup to warm up on the chilliest of winter nights with these soups. People want to relish some mouth watering soups to stay warm and get rid of cold and flu. Below are some simple and yummy soup recipes.
1. Hot and Sour Soup:
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup finely chopped cauliflower
1/4 cup chopped spring onions
4 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp brown vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
1/3 cup water
1. Heat the oil in a kadhai on a high flame and add the garlic and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
2. Add all the vegetables and sauté on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock, vinegar, soya sauce, chilli sauce, pepper and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the corn flour mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
5. Serve hot with soya sauce and chilly sauce.
2. Chicken and sweet corn soup:
2 tbsp vegetable oil
100g boneless, Chicken breast
1 finely chopped garlic
1 finely chopped ginger (1 cm)
1 tbsp corn flour
600ml hot chicken stock
100g Sweet corn
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Spring onions and coriander to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently cook the chicken, garlic and ginger for 3-4 minutes.
2. Blend the corn flour with a little stock and add to the soup pan with the remaining stock and the sweet corn. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes
3. Beat together the egg and lemon juice and slowly trickle into the soup pan, stirring with a chopstick or fork to form egg strands. Garnish with spring onions and coriander.
3. Chicken, vegetable and noodle soup:
Chicken- 50 g
Egg noodles – 50 g
Mixed vegetables stir – fry
Spring onions – 1/2 cup
Black pepper – a pinch
Salt – as per taste
Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
Crusty bread and coriander for garnishing
1. Boil the chicken pieces and keep aside.
2. In a bowl, boil 1 liter of water and add chicken pieces and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the noodles, vegetable stir-fry, spring onions, chilli and chicken, salt, black pepper as per taste.
4. Simmer rapidly for 5 mins until the noodles are tender, then serve with crusty bread and fresh coriander.