In winter, our feet get cracked and we are least bothered to take good care of it. They are the most neglected parts of our body. Foot care in winter is very important. Most people do not make the efforts to take care of their foot, but everyone should know how to take care of their feet in winter.
If your feet have the tendency to get cold during the winter weather, it can lead to severe medical conditions affecting your health, blood circulation and nerves. The below foot care tips for winter season will be helpful to you in maintaining smooth and flawless feet.
1. Moisturize your feet: Before moisturizing your feet, dip your feet in hot water for 10 minutes. Make sure that you moisturize your feet twice every day with a gentle moisturizer. This will help in keeping the feet from getting rough, dry and gives a fresh look.
2. Drink lots of water: Drinking water is good for your feet and skin. It is also good for your internal organs. Make sure that you drink warm water as it eliminates the fat deposits and toxins circulating in the blood.
3. Go for Pedicure: Regular pedicures can make your feet look flawless. First, soak your feet in warm water, and cleanse them with a foot scrub. It relaxes your feet and makes them look healthy and crack free.
4. Wear cotton socks: Start wearing socks in the winter season. It makes your feet stay protected from the harsh weather, pollution and dust. Always wear cotton socks for free movement and air circulation.
5. Honey and warm water therapy: Soak your feet in warm water mixed with honey and gently scrub the affected area. Honey is one of the main ingredients for its antiseptic properties.
6. Massage with olive oil: Gently massage the affected area of feet with olive oil as it moisturizes the cracked area and will help in stimulating circulation. Olive oil keeps the skin smooth and nourished.
You can make Honey and Milk foot cream at home with these simple steps:
1. Warm 1 cup of honey in a pan and add 2 tablespoons of warm whole milk to it.
2. Stir it and add the juice of 1/2 orange into it.
3. Mix it well and pour it into an air-tight container and let it cool.
4. Clean your feet with mild soap and warm water.
5. Apply this foot cream to your feet, covering all the dry parts.
6. Leave it for 45 minutes then wash off with warm water, repeat the process once in 2 days.