Treat minor burns. A burn is an injury with direct contact to hot liquids or objects, chemical or radiation sources. Minor burns can usually be treated at home, but more serious burns can be life-threatening and require medical attention. In minor burns, the top layer of skin gets burn and damaged, making the area red and painful. They are often referred to as first-degree burns or superficial burns.
Minor burns can develop painful blisters if not treated timely. Many natural remedies can ensure prompt healing and minimize pain. Minor burns tend to heal within a few days or weeks. Today we are sharing some useful precautions and simple remedies to relieve pain from burns.
1. Avoid applying oil, butter, petroleum jelly, or egg whites on a burn as it may trap the heat instead of drawing it out.
2. Avoid applying Ice as it will slow down the healing process and damage the skin tissues.
3. Do not break the blisters, if develops as it may increase the risk of infection.
4. Do not use adhesive dressings on the wound.
Remedies: The below remedies are only for minor burns. For serious burns, you must see a doctor for medical treatment.
1. Cold water: Cool burned area with cold water for few minutes. It helps in reducing the temperature of the skin and also assists in cleaning the burned area. Do not use ice as it can restrict blood flow damaging the delicate tissues.
2. Raw Potato: The potatoes with anti-inflammatory and soothing properties can relieve the pain and also reduces the chances of getting blisters. Keep a slice of potato on the affected area for about 15 minutes.
3. Aloe Vera: It can heal burns with healing properties. Apply the fresh Aloe Vera gel directly on the burn or you could also mix one teaspoon each of aloe Vera gel and turmeric and then apply for quick healing.
4. Coconut oil and Lemon juice: Take coconut oil and add a little juice to it. Mix it and apply it on the affected area to facilitate healing. Coconut oil is rich in Vitamin E and Lemon juice has acidic properties that naturally lighten the scars.
5. Honey: Its anti-bacterial properties will disinfect wounds and keep the skin cool. Apply the honey directly on the burn.
6. Black Tea bags: Black tea contains tannic acid that helps draw heat out of a burnt skin, making it less painful. Place a cool, wet tea bag directly on the burn.