Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is in the ninth week on Colors. The guest on the show tonight is actor and Megastar Akshay Kumar for the promotion of his upcoming movie Entertainment and tomorrow we will have actress and superstar Kareena Kapoor for the promotion of her movie Singham Returns. In this week, Jhalak’s contestants are associated with different judges in Teams. Thus, each Jhalak judge will have few contestants in their respective team and they will mentor them as well. Madhuri’s Team has Ashish, Akshat, and Malishka. Remo has Tara-Jean, Kushal Punjabi, and Kiku while Karan Johar has Sophie, Mouni, Shakti and Karan Tacker in his team.
Madhuri dances with Ashish, Akshat and Maliksha on the Ore Piya song from her movie Aaja Nachle. Ashish is seeing wearing Ghunghroo and they all dance effortlessly with much finesse and in delicate nature. Remo dances with his group members – Tara-Jean, Kushal Punjabi, Kiku on the song We don’t get it Hil Gaye Gi Zameen Bhi..Na Naa… The song has hip-hop and mixes other dance themes and has lot of energy. Karan then comes with his group members – Sophie, Karan Tacker, Shakti and Mouni and dances on the bollywood dance theme and on the song Iski Uski… Kaun Kiski from the movie 2 States. They all groove well and even Karan shows his dancing ability well.
Megastar Akshay Kumar comes on Jhalak stage on the Johnny Johnny Haa Ji song and speaks that today is an entertainment day and wants to have a sports day and invites the contestants on stage. Akshay speaks of the walking with lemon game where first the male contestants carries their partner (either star or choreographer) who are then need to walk while keeping a lemon on spoon in their mouth. Ashish and Tushar walks with perfection and then comes the turn of judges to play the same game. Akshay walks with madhuri and supports her and also makes sure that lemon falls from Karan Johar’s mouth and suceeds in doing so. That game offered good fun with Karan Tacker winning the Lemon (Nimbu) race from the contestant’s side.
* Ashish Sharma (from Team Madhuri) dances with his partner Shampa wearing a Kathak dress and Ghunghroo on the semi-classical dance form and performs with much suaveness and beauty. The song is Pyaar Ki Pungi Baja Kar from the movie Agent Vinod. Ashish enacts all the moves which were classical in nature with much ease.
– Karan compliments on the dance and the song he chose and calls his act to be tongue in cheek quality and it has humorous. He calls Ashish’s performance as superb.
– Score: 27
– Akshay wants to sync on the Dil Cheez Kya Hain.. Aap Meri Jaan Li Jiye song (from movie Umrao Jaan 1981 picturized on evergreen actor Rekha) which is picturized on a women. Remo comes on stage after becoming amused and then enacts his expression and feminine side on that song. Now, comes the turn of Karan who enacts the moves on the Chadti Jawaani song. Even, Ashish joins the fun. Akshay is being told to dance on the Johnny Johnny song which has feminine touch as well. Akshay comes and dances with Remo.
* Tara-Jean Popowich (Team Remo) performs with her partner Jack on the Tera Ishq mein Mar jawan song from the movie Fashion. She carries all the heartfelt emotions on her face and presents the feelings through her dance.
– Dance form: Hip-Hop and Contemporary
– Madhuri speaks that TJ danced with lot of feelings which was expressed in her dance and she always feels love after seeing her dance.
– Karan speaks to Jack that he did something different and TJ executed beautifully. He compliments Jack and calls him as the Jack of this trade and also master.
– Score: 30
– TJ requests Akshay to come on stage so that they can do some martial arts move together. Akshay comes on stage and shows his martial arts moves while TJ is watching it from behind. He enacts those moves against Manish and it looked that Manish was lost and didn’t have any clue. It was humorous and TJ was left awestruck.
* Shakti Mohan (Team Karan) dances with her partner Tushar on a Bollywood dance theme on the song Aa Re Pritam Pyaare from the movie Rowdy Rathore which has the elements of naughtiness.
– Dance form: Freestyle and Bollywood
– Remo speaks that pure dancing was there with no stops and calls it Paisa Vasool.
– Score: 29
– Akshay wants to see a dance movie where Tushar was on his knees and he does a dance movie with Shakti where she moves her body over his thighs few times. They performs the dance move effortlessly and then Akshay wants Tushar to enact it with Manish. Manish instead pushes Ranvir to do the act with Tushar, and Tushar then does the dance movie like he did with Shakti but couldn’t do it well but looked funny and humorous.
* Kiku Sharda (Team Remo) dances with his partner Kruti on the Gilli Gilli Akkha Badtameez Dil song from the movie Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (YJHD). Both are dressed as an old couple.
– Dance form: Popping and Locking
– Score: 27
* Kushal Punjabi (Team Remo) dances with his partner Mohena on the Humma Humma song from the movie Bombay with much intensity and at the same time much suaveness.
– Dance form: Street Jazz
– Score: 26
* Jhalak’s challenger Lauren will also dance tonight with her amazing and sincere dance moves.
* Kushal Punjabi have been eliminated from Jhalak after having a face-off round with Kiku Sharda. We wish Kushal the very best in his future work endeavors and life.
Full Episode Video: 2nd August 2014
Jhalak’ Sneak Peek: 2nd August 2014, Akshay on Jhalak
Jhalak Songs and Short Promos