Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is in the ninth week on Colors. The guest on the show is actress and superstar Kareena Kapoor Khan for the promotion of her upcoming movie Singham Returns. In this week, Jhalak’s contestants are associated with different judges in Teams. Thus, each Jhalak judge will have few contestants in their respective team and they will mentor them as well. Madhuri’s Team has Ashish, Akshat, and Malishka. Remo has Tara-Jean, Kushal Punjabi, and Kiku while Karan Johar has Sophie, Mouni, Shakti and Karan Tacker in his team.
* Mouni Roy dances with her partner Puneet on the bollywood dance theme and is seen wearing a colorful Saree. She dances on the song Excuse Me from the movie Style. Puneet also mimics like actor Sanjay Dutt during his dance act.
– Madhuri speaks the act was humorous and she enjoyed thoroughly.
– Score: 27
* Sophie Choudhry dances with her partner Deepak on the Ishq Wala Love song from the movie Student of the Year (SOTY). Their dance is elegant and their moves are suave. Sophie carries emotions on her face and even in pain (as she was injured) danced well.
– Remo speaks that Deepak has done amazing choreography and also compliments him for incorporating visuals in their dance.
– Score: 30
– Kareena wants to dance with Remo, karan and Madhuri and then they dance together on the Tooh Tooh song from her movie Gori Teri Pyaar Mein. Kareena comes close and grooves with Karan.
* Akshat is seen dressed in Kathak attire and wears Ghunghroo and dances with his partner Vaishnavi on Shankar Mahadevan’s song – Jaise Badal Chup Hain.. (Breathless song). The dance was of classical form and Akshat did all the moves with perfection and in correct style.
– Karan speaks that Akshat has showed all the emotions on his face and becomes awe of it and also compliments on his dance and calls it perfection and superb.
– Score: 29
– Manish speaks that there is a person in the industr who can speak in breathless fashion about many things and that person/s is Karan Johar and Kareena Kapoor. Manish speaks they will come on stage and sing the breathless song while talking. Karan and Kareena comes there and Karan speaks the lyrics of the song continuously and not necessarily the correct ones but non-stop. Kareena couldn’t speak the lyrics as she doesn’t remember.
* Malishka dances with her partner Diwakar on the Dil Se Re Song from the movie Dil Se and the dance was sensual as well. The dance form is classical.
– Score: 26
– Malishka speaks that Kareena Kapoor really talks a lot more than her and then asks Kareena whether she remembers Lipayee and also wants her to share a story. Kareena wants to ask her a question instead, and then Malishka speaks with Kareena on stage and takes an interview. Malishka who is a RJ introduces Kareena as the Begum and also calls her K3G (the movie) and compliments her a lot. She asks her whether the people have changed their behavior after she became a Begum and show her more respect. Kareena replies that only Saif respects her very dearly in that way and touches her feet bringing smile and surprise on Malishka’s face.
– Kareena asks Malishka about her boyfriends and she replies on asking Bebo about such questions. Kareena replies that media and Rj’s usually ask those questions to celebrities – when are you marrying, who is your boyfriend ? She asks when Malishka is going to marry ? Malishka replies that after Jhalak she will have an image makeover and gives a hint that her boyfriend is sitting in the audience. She first introduces her mother and her boyfriend was sitting beside her mother. Manish pinpoints him and goes to bring him on stage and candidly holds his neck as well and introduces him as her boyfriend. Karan Johar suggests that Kareena has made Malishka opened up on her boyfriend and thus the effort should be called – Kareena Kapoor ne Kiya Khulasa.
* Karan Tacker dances with his partner Bhavna on the Lungi Dance and is dressed as SRK and Rajni sir and wears a moustache as well. Karan put all the fun emotions in his dance.
– Madhuri compliments Karan and says that he was on fire today and regards this performance from him as the best till date. Everything that he did was bang on and with perfection. She was excited to see his dance.
– Score: 30
* On Jhalak stage, Manish Paul’s birthday is celebrated as his birthday falls on 3rd August by cutting a cake. We wish Manish a very happy birthday and the best for all his work endeavors and life. There were some other fun moments when Mouni, Kiku and Ranvir don the hat of judges and sit in the judges chair.
* Performance of the week goes to Karan Tacker and his partner Bhawna for their well-deserved score of 30.
* Next Week: Jhalak’s contestants will dance with supporting dancers.
* Kushal Punjabi has been eliminated from Jhalak yesterday after having a face-off from Kiku Sharda. Both were part of Team Remo.
Images credit: Twitter page of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa
Jhalak’s Sneak Peek, 3rd August 2014 with Kareena Kapoor Khan