Children love sweets more than adults do. Even after having the delicious chicken and biryani, Children likes to taste sweet. Children are in their growing age, spending more time in studies, remains outdoors in playing games or with friends. So they need lot of energy to remain fit and healthy. As a parent, you want your kids to eat as nutritious foods as possible. Below are some mouth watering recipes that will help the child to get attracted to nutritious tasty sweets that can be easily made at home.
1. Kulfi Falooda:
Ingredients: 1 litre milk, 1 cup sugar, 200 gms grated khoya, 1 cup falooda, 2 tbsp rose syrup, 2 tbsp chopped mixed dry fruit, earthenware moulds.
1. Boil the milk in a heavy- bottomed non-stick pan, lower the heat and simmer it till reduces to one third of the original quantity.
2. Add the sugar and grated khoya and simmer till the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Wash and dry earthenware moulds. When the rabdi cools, pour into the moulds and place in a freezer to set.
4. Remove the kulfi from the freezer when set and unmould. Slice the kulfi and place on a plate. Top with a portion of falooda. Pour some rose syrup over the falooda. Sprinkle some chopped nuts and serve immediately.
2. Coconut burfi:
Ingredients: 2 cups grated coconut, 2 tbsp ghee for greasing, 1 cup sugar, ½ cup milk, ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
1. Grease a tray with a little ghee. Mix together the coconut, sugar, milk and cardamom powder in a thick- bottomed non-stick pan and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Add the ghee and continue to cook till the mixture dries a little and begins to leave the sides of the pan.
3. Pour the mixture onto the greased tray and spread evenly. Cool and cut into pieces and serve.
3. Chickoo halwa:
6 chickoos, ½ cup milk, 150 gm khoya, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tbsp ghee, ½ cup finely chopped almonds and pistachios.
1. Peel and mash the chickoos to a smooth paste.
2. Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan, add the mashed chickoos and cook till thick.
3. Add the khoya and cook stirring continuously, for three to four minutes. Add the sugar and ghee.
4. Cook on low heat, stirring continuously till the ghee separates and the mixture attains the consistency of halwa.
5. Serve hot decorated with chopped almond and pistachios.