Home remedies. Sleep is the most important factor that keeps you active all the day. But unfortunately, many people suffer from sleep problems at some stages in their lives. It usually happens to the old aged group people above 50 years. Sleeplessness or insomnia is a common sleep disorder in which a person feels frustrated as he finds hard to fall asleep. People do not feel fresh after waking up in the morning as they don’t have sound sleep at night and they will face many problems in a day that results in fatigue, mood swings and lack of concentration in performing a routine activity. The reasons might be different from person to person and does not happen rapidly in any case.
It is a slow process affecting the person’s mind with some unpleasant event, tension, stress or change in diet, medicines or sleeping patterns. Sometimes, the older people did not get the sleep due to severe hatching pain in the legs. This will results due to low level of calcium and vitamin D, Weak muscles or any disease like sciatica. In that case one can go for massages with some natural oils as mentioned below:
1. Lavender/Sesame oil: Before going to bed, massage your legs or body with lavender/ sesame oil and then take a hot bath. In this way, you will relax your body and feels fresh. The oil will ease the stress, relax the body, boosts the energy level and stamina. The oil application can be done twice a week at night.
2. Soak legs in salt water: You can dip the legs for 15 minutes in warm salted water at night that can reduce your body pain and leg pain to certain extent and provides ideal sleep.
Remedies with milk:
1. Almond powder: It is a best reliever for your sleep problem as it will warm your body and relax muscles at night. You have to drink a cup of warm milk before going to bed by adding equal quantity of almond powder and saunf powder for a perfect sleep.
2. Poppy seeds: Roast the poppy seeds (khaskhas) and make a powder. In a cup of milk, add ½ tsp of khaskhas powder and allow it to boil for 5 minutes. Drink this milk regularly, before going to sleep.
3. Pumpkin seeds: Take 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds powder and 1 tbsp of sugar cube powder. Mix both the ingredients and store in an air tight container. Boil 1 cup of milk by adding ½ tsp of this mixture. Drink this mixture before sleeping. It will relax your body and give a good sleep.