Sumit Sambhal Lega (Sumit Will Handle Everything) is the new sitcom offering from Star Plus, and it is the Hindi adaptation of US popular sitcom ‘Everybody loves Raymond’. It dvelves into the aspect of how men get along with their immediate family because of their nuances, attitude, and intrinsic nature. Moreover, they battle the perception problem, for instance women think all men are the same, and sometimes aren’t happy with the preferential treatment given to women.
It is also felt that whatever a man achieves in his life be it professional, societal, political gains, scientific breakthroughs but at the same time he finds himself always getting stuck between his wife and mother on several occasions. The key is the difficulty in balancing such a situation even after several years of marriage. The show’s presentation of common notions mentioned above is captured by HarMardKaDard [Every man’s pain] metaphor.
Sumit is the titular character of the show, who finds himself to be stuck between his wife and mother, and because of his attitude lands himself in difficult situations. Sumit carries common traits such as running away from responsibilties, offloading matters to his wife, and so forth. But there is a common believe that Sumit will eventually be able to manage the things at hand and not let them out of control. The show going to air from 31st August 2015 @ 10 PM timeslot Stay tuned to Sumit Sambhal Lega on Star Plus.
– The original writer of Everybody loves Raymond, Steve Skrovan has worked for Sumit Sambhal Lega, and provided his help to adapt US sitcom’s storyline for Indian audience. DJ’s Creative Unit are the producers.
– Indian legendary cricketer and former captain Kapil Dev, and very popular commentator and columnist Harsha Bhogle are participating in a couple of episodes and going to be seen interacting with Sumit, and for the first time on a fiction show.
Info on Cast:
* Sumit Walia is portrayed by theatre, TV and film actor Namit Das
– Namit was born on 10 July 1984. Studied at St. Xavier’s college, Mumbai.
– Worked in TV commercials and shows – titular role of Pancham on Zee TV , Mumbai calling on ITV, HBO Asia , Host on Channel V’s Axe Ur Ex . Debut in doing Theatre in 2002, and worked in many plays since then. Some of the play directors with whom he worked are actors Rajat Kapoor, Kunal Roy Kapoor. Namit’s Wikipedia and Twitter page
* Maya – Sumit’s wife, portrayed by TV, theatre and film actress and singer Manasi Parekh Gohil
– Manasi was born on July 10, 1986.
– Portrayed the titular role in Star Plus’s Gulaal [2010-2011].
– Worked in lead role of Chandni in Star One’s India Calling [2005-2006]
– Last worked in Star Plus’s Ishq Kills Episodic episode. Manasi’s Twitter page
* Sumit’s mom Dolly Walia is portrayed by veteran film and TV actress Bharati Achrekar
– Worked in a number of Bollywood movies with her debut in 1980, in Apne Paraye hindi film.
– Most notable work on Indian TV: sitcom Wagle Ki Duniya [Wagle’s World] on Doordarshan National [1988-1990] as Radhika Wagle opposite actor Anjan Srivastav. Worked recently in SAB TV shows – Lapataganj and Chidiya Ghar.
– Bharati’s Wikipedia page
* Sumit’s dad – Jasbir Walia is portrayed by veteran actor/director Satish Kaushik
* Sumit’s elder brother – Rajneesh Walia is portrayed by actor Vikram Kochhar.
#HarMardKaDard: Getting stuck always between his mother and wife!
#HarMardKaDard: Women think all men are the same!
#HarMardKaDard: Never-ending shopping experience with women!