Make delicious French Fries
There is nothing yummy compared to a plate full of crispy french fries when you are watching a movie, or chatting with friends, browsing internet or even having a party. French fries are popular with kids of all ages. French fries are served hot, either soft or crispy, and are generally eaten as part of lunch or as a snack. It can be served with ketchup, mayonnaise, tomato sauce.
Try these simple and easy recipes for making crispy fries.
First method: (Frying for 1 time)
Ingredients: Potatoes, Oil for deep frying and Salt to taste.
1. Wash the potatoes and peel it off. Try to take long potatoes so that you can get long shaped French fries. After peeling the potatoes, cut them in a same size.
2. Boil the water in a vessel and add ¼ tsp of salt in the boiling water. Add the potato chunks and boil for 5 minutes till half done.
3. Drain the chunks out from water and pat them dry on a kitchen towel to remove the excess water from the fries and make it dry.
4. Put the potato chunks in a ziplock bag, seal it up, leave to freeze in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Lastly, fry the potatoes in the very hot oil till it becomes golden and crisp.
Second method: (Frying for 2 times)
Ingredients: Potatoes, Oil for deep frying, Salt to taste and Potato Starch.
1. Peel the potatoes and leave the potatoes in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
2. Take out the potatoes from the water and cut it with a French fries cutter or with a knife and get a equal chunks of French fries.
3. Boil the water in a vessel and add salt. When the water gets boiled, add the potato chunks and let it boil for 5 mins. Just make them little tender and soft.
4. Drain them out from the water and spread them over a cloth and dry them up.
5. Half fry the fries in hot oil and transfer it on absorbent kitchen paper.
6. Transfer the half fried French fries on a tray and sprinkle potato starch or corn starch to get extra crisp and mix well.
7. Freeze in the freezer for 1 hour. Then, deep fry the chunks for the second time till it becomes light golden brown in colour.