The story is centered on the clash of ideologies between Shrivastav’s family head – Shanti Devi and her grand daughter-in law Riya. , and its set in Allahabad. Shivam Shrivastav falls in love with Riya and is tensed about his grandma’s strict rules in managing a home. Shanti Devi is the authoritative lady of the family who wants to make everything as per her way and also keep the finance in her hand. She thinks keeping money and house run in her hand will make her control everyone in the house. She believes the power to rule is very necessary as it shows the elder’s value in the home.
Shivam marries Riya after letting her know everything about his family. Riya is an independent working girl, who believes in giving rights to live life to everyone. She asks Shanti to run a democratic household, which makes the two have a clash as each having different perspectives & ideologies. Riya finally ends the difference in mindset due to the generation gap and wins everyone’s hearts in the house, by Shivam’s support. She believes in making things better by change, and not by chance. The show presents relatable characters, which show closesness with reality. Mere Angne Mein starts this afternoon @ 5:30 PM, and telecasts from Mon-Sat with 1 hour duration on Star Plus, and have replaced IPKKND2. Stay tuned for it.
Some Info on Cast & Note:
* Shivam Shrivastav is portrayed by actor Karam Rajpal
– Karam was born on May 2, 1991 in Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
– Last worked in Life OK’s show Nadaan Parindey, and portrayed the role of Sameer/Iqbal with much grace. Nadaan Parindey’s Wikipedia page, and articles on Nadaan Parindey on our site.
– Some of his other notable work: Role of Samar Raghuvanshi aka Maddy in Suvreen Guggal – Topper of The Year in 2012. Read more at his Wikipedia page.
* Riya Shrivastav is portrayed by actress Ekta Kaul
– Ekta was born in Jammu and Kashmir and speaks the Kashmiri language and also has studied for MBA.
– Recent work in Bindass TV’s Yeh Hai Aashiqui in the role of Radio Jockey (RJ) Yoshika, Episode 61 aired on 24th August 2014.
– Ekta worked recently in the Sony’s show Bade Acche Lagte Hain in the role of Suhani.
– Contestant in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 6 (2013) with choreographer Tushar Kalia.
– Portrayed the lead role of Sahiba in Zee’s show Rab Se Sohna
* Raghav Shrivastav – Shivam’s dad, is portrayed by actor Varun Badola
– Varun is a senior TV actor and director.
– Last worked in Life OK’s Tumhari Pakhi in the role of Veer Pratap Singh.
– Read more at his Wikipedia page.
* Mere Angne Mein is produced by Sphere Origins, the same production company that produced IPKKND2.