Sore throat is a common bacterial infection affecting children and teenagers than adults. This infection can cause painful throat infection and high fever. The symptoms include:
1. Fever over 102 for more than three days
2. Very red throat with bright red spots in the mouth
3. Swollen neck glands.
4. Severe pain during swallowing.
5. Sometimes headache, vomiting and stomach ache can occur.
You can follow these simple home remedies to treat sore throat. With little efforts and easy to accomplish remedies, you can get a quick big relief from the problem.
1. Drink ginger tea: Ginger can be considered as the most effective home remedy for the throat infection. Ginger tea can be prepared by adding a small piece of ginger in 2 cups of water. Boil water for nearly 5 mins till the water changes its color. An individual having throat infection can drink ginger tea 2-3 times in a day for best results.
2. Use salt water: Gargling with salt water treat throat infection. It is important to gargle at least 3 times in a day. Salt water can be prepared by adding 1/2 tsp of salt in a 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
3. Consume Honey: Consumption of honey with ginger juice can also help in treating the throat infection. You can add ginger juice or grated ginger to honey. Consume this mixture every morning.
4. Use basil leaves: Boil basil leaves in a water and drink this water slowly for effective results. Alternatively, you can also gargle with the water.
5. Drink plenty of water: A person should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water to reduce the throat dryness and irritation.
6. Use turmeric: Turmeric has antiseptic and antibiotic properties. Add a pinch of turmeric powder in a boiling milk and stir for a minute. Drink the milk before going to bed.