Ghee benefits in winter: Winter has come and you have to take extra care of your overall health and body. Consume more of energy giving food that are homemade and avoid the eatables from outside. Add Ghee in your diet that is rich in vitamins to boost the immune system and digestion, improves eyesight, keeps muscles healthy and removes impurities from the body. Ghee has been used from several decades in every household to treat numerous ailments and maintain overall health. Ghee is a healthier alternative to butter and many other oils that you use for cooking, but one should be aware to have 10 to 15 grams of ghee in a day to avoid weight gain and obesity.
The children can eat ghee with no limit as they are growing kids and will burn the calories in playing and studying in no time. So, Ghee is a healthy fat that should definitely be a part of your meal.
1. Improves digestion and immune system: It helps with the proper digestion of food. It improves the immune system to absorb vitamins and minerals from the foods that you consume thereby making your digestive system strong.
2. Cure cold and cough: It helps in fighting cold and cough in winter. You can even use externally and apply a drop of ghee in nose to get relief from blocked nose. Fry a small stick of cinnamon in ghee. Let it cool slightly, and swallow it.
3. Best to all skin types: Daily consumption and application of ghee can be greatly beneficial to your skin. Ghee is a good moisturizer for a skin. Gently massage your skin with ghee to get a smooth and soft skin in the winters. Improper sleep causes dark circles around your eyes, but ghee will cure them with a light application around the eyes before going to sleep. Even Burns or rashes heal quickly if you apply ghee on affected area.
4. Prevents dandruff: Regular massage of ghee on a scalp in winter makes your hair smooth and softer and prevents dandruff.
5. Improves Eyesight: Eating ghee regularly can improve eyesight. Rub a small amount of ghee on soles of the feet to improve eye vision.
6. Relieves Constipation: It is a good remedy to ease up constipation and boost metabolism. Drink a cup of boiled milk with 1–2 teaspoons of ghee before going to bed to prevent constipation.
7. Cures Thyroid:
Thyroid dysfunction is very common among middle-aged women. It can lead to hormonal changes in the body along with pregnancy complications. So include ghee in your meal which play a vital role in balancing your hormones.